||A 5m long passage leading in to a large circular chamber beyond which is a large capstoned end chamber. This capstone weighs approximately 24 tonnes and comes from a rhyolite outcrop 0.5km north of the site. Three small side chambers and two internal cists form the edges of the main chamber. The cists had capstones but it is unlikely that the passage and central area were ever roofed. The monument is surrounded by at least two drystone revetments and a ring of upright stones. When it was no longer in use the site was covered by a rubble mound leaving only the capstone exposed.
It was excavated in 1839, 1868 and in 1910 by the Société Jersiaise. Human bones from at least three adults and two children, one of which was a complete skeleton in a seated position in one of the side chambers were found as well as a three complete plain bowls, a small 'pigment cup', two vase supports (on which sat two of the bowls), flint tools, stone axes, rubbers, hammers, greenstone and dolerite pendants.
The dolmen is one of the two Jersey monuments aligned with the solar equinox.