A 20.4m long passage chamber covered by a 12.2m high cairn and earth mound. The 9.7m long passage opens out into a main chamber that has three smaller side chambers giving the whole appearance a cruciform shape. The side chambers are divided from the main chamber by the use of large uprights. The end chamber is also slightly raised to form a sanctuary. This area featured a cist, a pit and 3 bétyles (miniature standing stones). Beyond the sanctuary is a further terminal cell that is formed with 3 large, flat uprights. At the equinox the sun shines right to the back of the terminal cell.
First excavated in 1924/1925 by the Société Jersiaise when fragments of twenty vase supports were found along with the scattered remains of at least eight individuals and bits of pottery. The site had evidently been entered and ransacked at an earlier unknown date. The mound is crowned by two Medieval chapels.