A promontory up until the 17th century but now an island that is being eroded by the sea. In 1911 a series of slab walled and capstoned cists were exposed. Excavation between 1911 and 1914 revealed eighteen cists containing bone fragments and a few skeletons. A large cairn of diorite boulders was identified at the eastern end, bone detritus was found in its centre. Finds spanned a long period and included flint flakes, bowls, vase supports, hammer stones and Iron Age material making the site difficult to date. Some of the cists have been reconstructed at the museum at La Hougue Bie.